How to protect myself?
Citizens are continuously encouraged to follow the following basic personal protective measures (also against seasonal influenza) :
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze by using a paper tissue or by coughing or sneezing into your elbow
- Use disposable tissues, and after use, throw the tissue in the bin and wash your hands
- Clean your hands regularly and thoroughly with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid hand shaking, hugs and cheek-kisses
- Do not touch your nose, mouth and eyes (especially after holding on to handles in buses or using door handles which are touched by many, but also at home)
- Regularly clean/disinfect your smartphone, mobile phone, tablet, etc.
- As a rule, use only your own glasses and cutlery
- Avoid crowds, maintain social distancing